Am preparing the shopping list for my birthday party (a big one - 50 on Sunday!), and I'll be serving all appetizers to about 20 guests. I think the menu is a bit meat-heavy, and am looking for some lighter fare to add that will provide some "white space" between the meat dishes. Here's the list so far of what I'll be whipping up -
- Char sui, sliced with sesame seeds for dipping
- Edamami pods, cooked and chilled
- Homemade potstickers with ground pork, water chestnuts, ginger, crimini, spices, served with a combo soy sauce, cider vinegar and sesame oil
- Turkey meatballs, with a marinara sauce for dipping
- Homemade pizza, with prosicuitto, sauteed eggplant, roasted red pepper, carmelized onions, marinara sauce, Parmesan Reggiano and sauteed chicken
Do you think these things will go together okay? Does it look like indigestion could result from the combination of the above? What else could I provide to my guests? Maybe a fruit tray? Something bready?
Thanks in advance for your help!