Must trys? Would appreciate your lists - not all high-end pls.
Having trouble coming up with my own list:
1. Sullivan Street Bakery---funghi pizza or sesame loaf
2. NY Ice on Ave B or Ciao Bella scoop shop - chocolate ice/sorbetto - or TCBY coffee frozen yogurt
3. Vietnamese - Saigon Grill at 90th and Amsterdam anything grilled (runner up Nam in Tribeca)
4. Lamb- gyro place on Macdougal just N. of Bleecker or lamb salad at Avra in midtown
5. Salad - used to like fennel salad at Max - probably Chopt toss one's own at E. 17th--runner up Tossed Park Ave South (super speedy delivery-really he was a marathoner in Africa, but not Kenya)