Ok ya'll....this will be my 4th trip and the wife's 3rd. My first was for Jazz Fest in 1996, and the last 3 have been over spring break....this is also a spring break trip for the wife and I....both Elementary Ed. teachers. The trip is March 30 and we leave April 4th....all weekdays.
Anyway....we are staying at Le Richelieu in the FQ, no car, but have no problem riding street cars, or a taxi....so do not let distance be a deal breaker for a suggestion....unless it is a LONG LONG ride.
Here is what I have in terms of reservations.
Not a reservation...but Rebirth Brass on Tuesday at Maple Leaf
Herbsaint Wednesday night
Atchafalaya brunch on Friday
That is all we will probably do for reservations/plans....we like to keep our options open.
We have ideas about other stuff we want to do...so I will ask specific questions....if you can help...it would be much appreciated.
1. What is the best place to get fresh crawfish...not necessarily a restaurant....places like Cajun Seafood/Big Fisherman....any restaurants that have good boils during that time are welcome recommendations.
2. When is the best time to go to Peche to HOPEFULLY get a spot at the raw bar....or is it just blind luck?
3. What are some cool areas in the city to head to where the wife and I can walk around....shop....grab a bite...another bit...a cocktail...just cool areas to spend a day that we may have never seen before....unfortunately we have not strayed far from the Quarter....we really want to this time.
4. What are some good tours...we may want to do that this time....all ideas welcome.
5. What streetcar should we ride, and where should we take it....don't worry locals...we will wait till the morning rush is over so not to take your space.....I know you gotta get to work...I get it. We have never taken a streetcar....want to take a ride to a cool neighborhood....similar to question #3.
6. Where is the best place to see Zydeco music/what is the best web site to use to find who/what type of music is in town.
Thanks for your help. Can't wait to visit our favorite city.