We're 2 hounds from San Francisco, going to DF for the first time in a few weeks, and we will be staying in the Colonia Roma/Condesa area.
1) Any recommendations for street food or casual eateries in these neighborhoods? particular eats not to miss? cafes? fondas?
2) Any ideas for a good place to eat lunch en route or near the National Museum of Anthropology in Chapultepec Park?
3) We'll hopefully spend part of a day wandering in Polanco - any specific recommendations there for breakfast, comida, snacks, cafes?
4) Same question as above for San Angel (we're not going to miss the Kahlo and Trotsky stops!).
5) A really great tequila selection (we'll go out of our way for a bar or restaurant with a large, interesting tequila list). Do any places offer tequila flights/tastings? We'd like to avoid hotel establishments if possible, but we'll do what we have to do.
6) A fancy dinner - ideas for a great upscale spot (preferably one that would not be something akin to what we could get in San Francisco)? Some possibilities I've culled from the board:
Aguila y Sol
San Angel Inn
8) A place for awesome tacos al arabe?
9) Lastly, any suggestions for great food-related sites (eg Merced market, panaderia ideal, maybe Dulceria de Celaya? etc) that would be cool to see and take photos?
Whew!!! Thank you!!