I know you get these queries all the time. Believe me, I've been reading through them -- and they've all been very helpful. I have one day in San Francisco, and then 1-2 days in Sonoma and Napa. It'll be a whirlwind for sure -- any suggestions (or alternatives) would be much appreciated.
- I would absolutely LOVE to have a solid carnita, and or anything else from a taqueria. Should I do this in the Mission, BART it over to Fruitvale, or stop at a truck somewhere on the way to Healdsburg? [FYI: I'm a mid-twenties woman travelling alone. I've heard Mission and the Tenderloin are a little sketchy. What are your thoughts on this? And what about Fruitvale?]
- I would also love to have a cannele. I've heard Bay Bread is the place to go, but I'll be there on a Monday and most of their locations are closed. Can I get a cannele at their Columbus location?
- I'm not looking to splurge anywhere, but cost is somewhat flexible. I've already got CP and Ubuntu on the line-up, so everything else should hopefully be more low-key.
- I love all types of food. I know Chinese is a strength here, but it's not bad where I come from either, so it's not topping the priority list. I'm looking more for 'California cuisine', however one might call it.
- I'll be staying near Fisherman's Wharf (don't worry, I won't eat there!), as well as in Healdsburg for a night.
- Breakfast: Cannele and quiche? This is totally flexible
- Lunch: Graze my way through the Ferry Building OR Slanted Door?
- Snack: Taqueria?
- Stops: Berkeley Bowl, maybe poke around the Gourmet Ghetto, though the Cheeseboard will be closed I think
- Dinner: CP Cafe
- Breakfast: ?
- Drive to Healdsburg
- Lunch: Girl and the Fig on the way OR a winery restaurant?
- Stops: Visit wineries and tasting rooms
- Dinner: Zin?
- Breakfast in Healdsburg: ?
- Drive through Napa (not much time to visit wineries)
- Lunch: Bouchon Bistro? in Yountville
- Dinner: Ubuntu
What do you think? Thanks in advance everyone! And please let me know if you want anymore details.
Updated 1 year ago | 20
Updated 4 months ago | 5
Updated 10 months ago | 3
Updated 2 years ago | 13
Updated 1 year ago | 22