Verdict: The late spring / early summer menu at n/naka clearly shows the extreme refinement which diners have come to expect from a proper Japanese kaiseki (set meal). Chef Niki Nakayama infuses her usual modern flairs on this very traditional type of cuisine, resulting in a terrific meal that is whimsical and surprising, yet above all pleasing to the palate.
- Zensai Quartet: Lobster Spicy Tamale, Tasmanian Sea Trout in Miso, Blue Crab Squash Blossom Tempura, Asparagus Tofu Halibut Roe Dashi
- Agemono: Pompano Fried With Baby Bell Peppers Dashi Vinegar Sauce
- Shiizakana: Manila Clam Vongole
- Niku: American Wagyu Beef Sukiyaki, Soft Poached Egg, Black Truffles
- Sunomono: Snow Crab & Sesame Vinegar, Kumquat, Cucumber
- Dessert: Kabocha Cheesecake