Very Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 teaspoons for sprinkling
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted, plus more for coating the muffin pan if needed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place cupcake liners in a 12-well muffin pan; alternatively, coat the wells with butter. Set the pan aside.
2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl to break up any lumps and aerate the mixture; set aside.
3Whisk together 3/4 cup of the sugar, the melted butter, cream, eggs, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Add this and the blueberries to the flour mixture and stir until just evenly mixed (a few lumps will remain), about 30 strokes. (Do not overmix; the batter should be thick, but the ingredients should be evenly incorporated.)
4Fill the muffin wells completely, and then evenly sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar over top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved