Summer Corn & Tomato Salad
I make this salad whenever I can in the summer because it is delicious and fresh, extremely healthy and travels (and keeps up) well in the summer heat!
- 6 cobs of fresh corn (sweet, white corn is best)
- 1 can of chick peas (low sodium are best)
- 1 container of grape tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- a few sprigs of fresh cilantro (use parsley if you don't care for cilantro)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (for dressing) as well as 2 tbs for sauteing corn
- 2 limes, juiced (add the zest of 1 as well)
- generous sprinkling of kosher salt & fresh black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
1Cut the kernels of corn off the cob and toss them into a sautee pan with 2 tbs of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add in the minced garlic.
2Cook the corn with the garlic for about 5 minutes, or until it starts to soften up and become translucent.
3Take the Corn/garlic mixture off the stove and dump it into the bowl you will serve it or transport it in. Allow it to cool for about ten minutes.
4While the corn cools, half each cherry tomato, drain and rinse chickpeas and mince jalapeno and cilantro.
5Once the corn is cooled, toss the tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro and chickepeas in with the corn.
6Add in olive oil and lime juice and zest.
7Season to your taste with salt and pepper.
8Can be served cold, room temperature OR slightly warmed in a fry pan!
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved