Sriracha Deviled Eggs
Adapted from Mitch Prensky
Mitch Prensky, chef-owner at Supper in Philadelphia, shared this recipe with us. Hard-boiled egg yolks are mashed with mayonnaise, Sriracha, Dijon mustard, lime juice, and cilantro, then scooped into the hard-boiled egg whites and topped with pickled carrots or daikon, for an Asian-inspired riff on deviled eggs.
Game plan: You’ll need to make the mayonnaise before you begin. High-quality store-bought mayo would work fine too.
Click here to see more of Prensky’s deviled egg recipes.
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pickled carrots or daikon, for garnish (optional)
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
1Hard-boil the eggs; cool, peel, and halve them; and carefully remove the yolks. Reserve the whites.
2Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, Dijon, Sriracha, lime juice, and cilantro in a medium nonreactive bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, then mix well until the yolks are broken up and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
3Evenly pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the reserved egg white halves. As desired, top with pickled carrots or daikon and chopped cilantro leaves.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved