Quick Tandoori Chicken
Just a quick recipe I threw together while craving some home-cooked Indian food :) All the proportions can be adjusted, depending on your spice-tolerance level.
- 2 small containers Greek yogurt
- 4 heaping tablespoons tandoori masala (more or less, according to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons garam masala (more or less, according to taste)
- kosher salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne (according to taste)
- pinch of sugar
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into large chunks
- Lemon wedges, for serving
1Empty the containers of yogurt into a large bowl. Add the tandoori and garam masalas and mix. Adjust the tandoori masala if needed, you should have a reddish orange color. I like mine pretty dark. The masala has some salt in it (depending on the type you have) so I recommend tasting it before adding some salt.
2Add the chicken to the marinade and stir to make sure all the chicken pieces are immersed in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
3Coat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Using tongs add the chicken to the pan. (Don’t pour it in, there is extra marinade!)
4When the chicken is almost fully cooked, add the red onion to cook a little but still retain its crunch.
5Squirt a little lemon over the chicken and serve with lemon wedges.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved