"Pina Colada" Superfood Smoothie
This is a smoothie that I drink for breakfast which is so tasty and also incorporates my greens and some other superfoods for the day… oh so yummy!!
- Water and meat from one Young Thai Coconut
- 3 large spears of fresh pineapple
- 1 banana
- 3 stalks of fresh Kale, broken into pieces including stem
- 3 Tbls Hemp Seeds
- 2 Tbls Flaxseed powder or Flaxseed oil
- 2-3 drops of Stevia or a pinch of Stevia Leaf powder
1Open the Thai Young Coconut with a cleaver and a rubber mallet by making four cuts along the top of the coconut point. Pour the coconut water into a Vita-Mix blender or other high-speed blender. Using a rubber spatula, remove the coconut meat from the coconut making sure you don’t put any of the hard brown bits into your smoothie. Then, just put all the coconut meat into the Vita-Mix.
2Add the fresh pineapple, broken into pieces.
3Add the rest of the ingredients.
4Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved