Kimchi Chicken Burgers
If you like it spicy, you’ll love this burger. The patty itself is super flavorful with ginger and garlic, and we topped it off with a fresh slaw that’s got a kimchi kick. Like it even hotter? Add jalapeño slices to the slaw.
We recommend pairing with Korean tofu soup.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken thigh meat
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup roughly chopped kimchi
- 2 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 whole wheat or plain hamburger buns, split and toasted
1Preheat the grill to medium-high (400°F), or get a grill pan hot over medium heat. Combine chicken, ginger, garlic, half the green onions, and soy sauce. Form mixture into 4 patties. Rub burgers with oil. Press a deep dimple into the center of each burger (this will help it stay flat while it cooks).
2Mix kimchi, cabbage, 1 tablespoon Sriracha, vinegar, sugar, the remaining green onion, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise together in a medium bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons Sriracha and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise; set aside.
3Grill burgers, covered, turning once halfway through, until cooked all the way, about 10 minutes total. Assemble burgers, topping each with the slaw mixture and a dollop of the spicy mayonnaise.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved