Cranberry and Citrus Sauce
A good cranberry sauce can make or break Thanksgiving. This one, flavored by orange and grapefruit, is aromatic, sweet, and tart all at once. It’s a natural on turkey, but would be equally good on any roasted poultry or pork.
- 1 (12-ounce bag) frozen or fresh cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated ruby red grapefruit zest
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit segments, medium dice
1Combine cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and both zests in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
2Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened and cranberries are beginning to fall apart, about 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon into a heatproof serving bowl.
3Drain grapefruit segments, discarding any accumulated juices, and stir into cranberry sauce. Cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold or at room temperature.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved