A beautiful dessert to serve on a buffet or at a formal dinner party. The slightly unconventional flavors of basil and coconut complement traditional white chocolate, almonds, cranberries, and whipped cream. This one truly sparkles.
11. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 inch spring-form pan with cooking spray.
22. In large bowl, cream together the almond paste, butter, sugar, and egg whites until light and fluffy; beat in salt. Stir in 1 cup coconut. Gradually blend in flour.
33. Press dough into bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden; cool completely.
44. Melt the white chocolate chips. Stir in coconut crème, coconut flavor, almonds, and 2 cups cranberries. Spread mixture evenly in crust and top with reserved/remaining cranberries and coconut.
55. Chill until set, at least 30 minutes, before removing sides of pan.
66. Beat together the cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form; cover and chill until ready to serve.*
7Can store untopped/ungarnished Torte, covered in refrigerator or at cool room temperature.
87. Just before serving, muddle or chop together the basil and coarse sugar. Slice torte into 8 or 12 wedges. Top each with a dollop of the Whipped Cream and sprinkle with Basil Sparkles (the sugar-basil mixture).
Jazz up your H20 flow by adding a variety of fruit, vegetables, herbs, and spices to your water. With no added sugar and virtually no calories, infused waters are an easy way to kick off the summer with an increase in water intake.