Crab Salad with Mango, Avocado, and Lemon-Herb Dressing
Fresh lump crab is a glorious ingredient, sweet, briny, delicate, and meaty all at once. This crab salad from Ayesha Curry (of Food Network’s Ayesha’s Home Kitchen and the new meal delivery service, Homemade) brings lush, juicy mango and silky avocado to the party for a light yet luxurious bite. A lemony dressing accented with cilantro, jalapeño, and honey adds a little spark.
For more great ways to use fresh crab, get our Easy Crab Cakes recipe, or our Crab Benedict on Lemon-Chive Biscuits recipe.
For the crab salad:
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over and separated into chunks
- 2 cups mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- pinch salt
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
For the lemon-herb vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño, finely minced
- pinch salt, or to taste
- pinch pepper, or to taste
To make the vinaigrette:
1Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a Mason jar and shake until mixed well. (Or whisk all ingredients in a bowl.)
To assemble the salad:
1Combine the crab meat, mango, avocado, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix carefully until combined. Serve over the lettuce, with vinaigrette drizzled over top.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved