Whether you’re using Maryland blue, West Coast Dungeness, or Florida stone in your crab salad, the sweetness of the crabmeat enjoys a little savory embellishment. Get fancy with your salad and go the route of a tuna melt, or take a lighter approach and serve this atop salad greens.
Game plan: You’ll need to make the mayonnaise and hot sauce before you begin. Or just pick up some high-quality store-bought mayo and a bottle of Tabasco.
This recipe was featured as part of our Picnic Sandwiches and Soups recipe slideshow. For more, see our salmon salad recipe.
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1/4 cup homemade or store-bought mayonnaise (see Game Plan note)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade or store-bought hot sauce (see Game Plan note)
Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until combined.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved