First job right out of college doesnt leavea lot of money for groceries, so depending on what me and my roomates have nabbed from our parents house is usually what makes up the casserole. Any fresh ingredients are welcome of course.
- Can of cream of broccoli
- 1.5 cup rice
- Leftover chicken (or any meat for that matter)
- onion (diced)
- any vegetable that is about to go bad in the fridge (diced)
- 3 oucnes butter
- Frito Crumbs (usually all I can find at my place)
- If available -cup of parm-reg cheese
- if available-half cup a cream
1Cook rice following instructions on bag.
2Saute onions in ounce of butter for a couple minutes.Salt and Pepper Add meat and other vegetable and cook for another 3-4 minutes..add rest of butter and cream and simmer for 5 (add cheese at end if available)
3Once rice is done mix all together and pour into casserole dish. Cover with fritos. bake 375 for 15 min.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved