Chocolate, Coffee and Nut Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces English toffee candy, finely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (180º C).
2Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper. Finely chop the oats in a food processor. Transfer the oats to a medium bowl. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in the toffee, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips. For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto sheet, spacing 1-inch apart.
4Bake until the cookies are golden (cookies will flatten slightly), about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved