Cabbage and Carrot Herbed Slaw
With cabbage, carrots, radishes, and herbs, this slaw is as colorful as it is flavorful. It’s a great make-ahead dish, since the flavor develops as it sits; just be sure to give it a quick stir before you serve. We recommend serving with our classic and easy Sloppy Joes recipe.
- 1 medium head red cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut into small wedges and cored
- 2 medium carrots, ends trimmed
- 12 medium radishes
- 1/4 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1 orange)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
1Using a food processor fitted with a grating disk, finely shred the cabbage, carrots, and radishes. Place in a large, nonreactive bowl and toss until evenly mixed.
2Place the remaining ingredients except the oil in the food processor, now fitted with a blade attachment. Process until smooth, then with the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and process until incorporated.
3Toss the dressing with the vegetables, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld. Stir just before serving.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved