Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 jalapeño (optional), seeds removed, medium dice
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, both green and white parts, sliced
1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
2Bake until soft. Test with a fork after 1 hour; bake an additional 15 minutes if needed. Remove sweet potatoes from the oven, slice in half lengthwise and let cool for about 10 minutes. Turn the oven up to 425°F.
3Scoop about 2 tablespoons out of each sweet potato half and place in a large mixing bowl. Arrange the sweet potato halves on a baking sheet.
4Add the cream, half the bacon, the jalapeño (if using), the cheese, and half the green onion to the bowl with the sweet potato pulp. Mix well. Fill the potato halves with the cream and bacon mixture and sprinkle with the remaining green onions. Bake until brown and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved bacon and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved