Australian lamb chops Madrid
by JB Cumberland
A delicious lamb dish with a spanish twist
- 12 Australian lamb chops, 1 ¼ inch thick (3 per person)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dry, crushed
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, dry, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sweet onions, chopped
- 1 cup dry sherry
- ½ cup apricots, dry, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
1In a small bowl, prepare seasoned oil blend and liberally coat chops.
2Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in frying pan. Add chops and brown on both sides until light brown. Remove chops and keep warm. Discard fat.
3Add onions to pan and sauté until soft. Add sherry, reduce by one-third. Remove the onions and discard. Add apricots, brown sugar, parsley and butter; blend well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved