We are going to a dinner party where they are going to have a very traditional chinese dinner. I would like to bring some wine, but at a bit of a loss for what to bring. The most common recommendation I see is for an off-dry riesling, but I'm not really a fan. My fallback plan is to bring some bubbly, since I think bubbly goes with (almost) anything, though I'm toying with the possibility of bringing one of my white rhone-style wines, which is the style of white wine I prefer the most (I'm more of a red wine drinker).
Any thoughts/suggestions? The menu is below:
1. 松花蛋 海蜇 SongHuaDan & HaiZhe : Thousand year old egg + Jelly fish
2. 素什锦 SuShiJing: Tofu delights
3. 粉蒸肉 FengZhengRou: Pork with Spiced rice
4. 鱿鱼卷 YouYuJuan: Squid Roll
5. 炒虾仁 ChaoXiaRen: Saute Shrimp (no shell)
6. 糖醋排骨 TangCuPaiGu: Sweet and Sour rib
7. 四川面条 SiChuanMian: Sichuan Noddle.
8. 香菇油菜 XiangGuYouCai: Chinese Veg.
9.八宝饭 BaBaoFan: 8 Treasure Sticky Rice
Updated 12 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 9 months ago | 3
Updated 3 months ago | 9
Updated 2 years ago | 16