Bonjour à tous et toutes,
So I'll be in NOLA for a conference this weekend, and I don't want to waste even one meal on bad food. I'll be on Loyola campus for most of my lunches and in the French Quarter in the evenings for dinner. What suggestions do you have for good food? Here are some of my details:
- The past two cities I've lived in were Chicago and Paris—and I'm very much both a Chicago foodie and a Paris gourmet/gourmand.
- I'm really focused on finding the "best" of local specialties
- I'm a fan of the gastro-pub / neo-bistro stuff, especially localvore, tail-to-snout cooking, and in-house charcuterie.
- I'm also interested in checking out modest/cheap eats and family-run establishments.
- I have pretty much no dietary limits. I love fish, veggies, spices, meats, offal, marrow, and whatever else you can throw at me. As long as it's well-prepared, of course.
- I'm mostly looking for mid-level price ranges, but I also want to devote one night to a relatively high-end meal, so I'll also happily take some fine-dining suggestions.
OK, fire away! Thanks in advance to all of y'all. If anyone wants some suggestions on Chicago or Paris or Toronto restaurants, don't hesitate to drop me a line.
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 3 months ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 4 days ago | 36