My wife and I are are trying again. We were supposed to be in San Francisco in early September, but the trip was called off. (Still have the recs for sandwiches near Pt. Reyes, though.) We'll be in SFO over Christmas, we hope. Staying on sNob Hill, no car.
(1) I made a reservation for Christmas dinner at Iluna Basque, Union at Powell. Did I do wrong?
(2) Being Midwestern, it's almost impossible to get steamed clams. Any suggestions for steamers?
(3) My wife likes Chinese food - mostly Cantonese, I think. I'm indifferent at best, but I reckon it's something you have to do while in San Francisco. Suggestions for neophytes?
(4) I figure you can always do better than hotel breakfasts. Any good places on or within a 15 min. walk of Nob Hill? Down/up hill OK.
(5) We're hoping Christmas Day is nice (but I've been in the Bay Area in winter before)and we can rent bikes, ride over the Golden Gate, and take the ferry back from Sausalito. Ideas for lunch on Christmas Day in Sausalito, something near or on the way to the ferry terminal, maybe?