My g/f and I are visiting SF in 2 weeks from Friday-Wednesday and would really love some local knowledge about places to eat while I'm there. We are staying at 757 Market Street, but are willing to take a cab or the Bart anywhere in the area as long as it's worth it. Thank you in advance! Below is what we are looking for:
1) I won't get to my hotel until about 11 on Friday so some place somewhat close to the hotel that is good late night to grab a drink and some food would be nice.
2) Saturday I have heard the best place to go is the farmers market so I am almost definitely going there. Any specific suggestions while I'm there?
3) I have to go to at least 1 chinese restaurant and 1 thai restaurant if there is 1 really worth going to. Maybe dim sum? I've heard good things about Eric's and Eliza's
4) Sunday I'm going to Napa for the day. Any recommendations for lunch/brunch/dinner?
5) My birthday is that Monday so I'm looking for a nice meal. I've heard good things about Boulevard and Jardinere. Thoughts? Other recommendations?
6) Other places for breakfast/lunch/dinner... I'm not looking to spend tons of money but if it's worth it I'm happy to pay for it. Good value restaurants where locals go to is really what I'm looking for.
If anybody is ever in Miami I would love to return the favor. Thanks again and look forward to eating very well in what I've been told is the best culinary city in the country!