Now that everyone in my family is either old or getting older, I've found that some have dietary restrictions (less salt, less red meat, no pork, no nuts, no shrimp). On my list so far are:
1. Vegetable spring rolls -- shredded carrot, peas, diced red pepper, chopped arugula, mashed white bean or potato, cilantro, chopped egg
2. Miniature eggplant pizzas -- this might be a PIA but mini pizza dough topped w/ one slice of tomato, cooked eggplant slices, chopped onion, herbs topped w/ cheese and baked
3. Mini spanakopita -- puff pastry cut into small triangles stuffed w/ spinach and kale, onion, feta, parmesan
4. Empanadas -- stuffed w/ beans, vegetables, (might add ground chicken)
5. Mini stuffed peppers -- not sure what to stuff with yet
We aren't doing any dips, spreads, cheese boards, crudité but everything so far seems kind of a repeat of fillings.
I can't think of much else. Any other suggestions?
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | At Christmas time, there are cookies galore, but true dessert lovers still crave something more substantial...