Urasawa was everything I expected and more.
Hiro-san is great chef and his extremely affable nature made this an experience I want to repeat over and over again. Everything was beyond perfect and service impeccable. Our server was always a step ahead. Sake was always poured, if I left my seat for the restroom, fresh towel was ready when I came back, we never had to ask for anything. I dont eat meat and Hiro-san had no problem with that, more Kobe beef for him! My list may be missing a couple things, but we ate until we could eat no more. Thirty courses listed, 3.5 hours dining time. Large bottle of Kubota Manju sake was out of this world. Only four other people for dinner, members of X Japan, interesting company! Cant wait to do this again with a bigger appetite!
Some pics blurry, still getting used to taking close ups.
1. Seaweed from Okinawa
2. Goma tofu with green tea powder, filled with uni
topped with fresh wasabe and gold leaf in light dashi
3. Live scallop with shiso leaf paste and miso
4. Sashimi served on ice carving - sayori, toro, uni
5. Ebi wrapped in akashi and plum leaves with plum flowers, shiitake mushrooms
and spring vegetable.
6. Tempura of bamboo and shrimp paste served with daikon and ginger.
7. Hobayaki with oysters, scallops, and kuruma shrimp.
8. Shabu shabu of spot prawn and scallop - others had kobe beef and foie gras
9. Kuruma ebi
11. Shima aji
13. Baby ika
14. Red clam
15. Japanese Saba
16. Shiro ebi
20. Santa Barbara uni
21. Live scallop
22. Live abalone
23. Spot prawn
24. Toro and green onion roll
25. Shiitake mushroom
27. Grapefruit sorbet, mountain peach, stuffed shiso leaves.
28. Sesame tofu custard topped with red bean paste and gold leaf.
29. Gyokura matcha
30. House roasted tea