We are a wine-centric group of four couples in our sixties from SoCal. Wine-centric in that we all have nice collections and like to open special bottles when we get together. For a few years we rotated dinners every few months at our homes, but decided that was too much work, and decided for 2016 that each of us would host an out of town dinner. I'm leading off, volunteering Las Vegas in later Feb, early March.
My wife and I have partaken of the fabulous L.V. dining scene for 20+ years now, but when it came down to choosing a place for this group, I got a little stumped. My wife and I know what WE like, when it's just the two of us, but setting up something for the group is a different kind of challenge. So, here's what I'd be looking for, generally in order of importance:
1. Top notch, upscale cuisine of any ilk except Asian or Italian with service to match; I'm envisioning a prix fixe menu of 5-10 courses for each of us;
2. Wine-friendly, meaning I'd like to bring a few bottles and we'd order a few off the wine list and would hope to pay a reasonable corkage (if any at all). Nice stemware for each wine.
3. Since I'm hosting, I'd like to keep the per person tab at around the $100-$125 range not including wine or gratuity.
4. Either a private room or private area within the restaurant, or at the very least a place that is relatively quiet.
5. Location can be Strip or off-Strip.
Looking forward to hearing some suggestions, and thanks!