Seeing as the truffle season is ending and the black truffle menu is not yet described on the restaurant's website, I thought I would share the Troisgros black truffle tasting menu for this past winter 03/04 season.
It's the second time I've sampled a black truffle tasting menu at this facility. The annual menus are adjusted a bit, although some things (e.g., Melba with scallops) remain.
Entitled black truffles A to Z:
(1) Bugnes a la truffe, voilees de lard de "Colonnata" -- Lyonnaise specialty beignet-like items with black truffles, and lard of "Colonnata"
(2) Toast melba de Saint-Jacques et basilic -- Melba toast with scallops and basil
(3) L'Oeuf a la truffe et jeunes epinards -- Egg with black truffle and young spinach
(4) Fin consomme aux huitres creuses, mikado de truffe -- Consomme of oysters, mikado of black truffle
(5) Fleurette de langoustines, la poire, le poireau, la truffe -- Langoustines, pear, leek and black truffle
(6) Pigeonneau, foie gras et truffe en carapace croustillante, choux "Spoon pak choi" -- Pigeonneau, fioe gras and black truffle in a crunchy shell, "bak choi" cabbage
(7) Cheese course -- Brillat Savarin truffe
(8) Capuccino Tartuffi -- A soup-like pre-dessert.
(9) Quatuour de douceurs -- Marron/cassis; mangue-passion-beurre blanc; ananas-coriandre; framboise-gingembre; savarin aux pommes. Quartet of desserts -- chestnuts/cassis; mango/passionfruit; pineapple/coriander; raspberry/ginger; apple savarin.
The wines for our party were Jacques Selosse and likely 1972 Pichon Lalande (or if not, 1975? -- we chose the year that is supposed to be very good for this producer). Excellent meal :)