Not About Food

What toxic nonsense is in our chips?

Share:

Not About Food 25

What toxic nonsense is in our chips?

nooodles | Nov 29, 2005 11:52 AM

I think I'd gone two years without eating a single Dorito when someone offered me a bag a few weeks ago. Free Cooler Ranch? Who could refuse? Halfway into the bag my stomache began to seize up and I felt really dehydrated. It was like my body was having an averse reaction to all the preservatives or something. I had to drink about half a gallon of water to clear my head. My stomache felt cramped for the rest of the day and I didn't feel good eating anything.

I thought it was a fluke, but a similar thing happened when I ate a few Chinese brand corn chips the other day. They had that same funny taste that can only be described as "that processed chip taste."

I know we get used to eating processed foods, and over the last few years I've really cut down on processed foods. I eat potato chips, but it's the occassional Kettle Chip or homemade chip at a restaurant.

Is this my body telling me that I can't handle that poison anymore? Not that that would be a bad thing; I'm just wondering if others have felt the same way.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound