Restaurants & Bars


Where is my Tong Yuen?


Restaurants & Bars 2

Where is my Tong Yuen?

Jonathan Slone | Feb 19, 2002 05:19 PM

That post of sake lees a few lines down got me thinking of the tong yuen (glutonous rice dumplings filled with black sesame) you can get in Shanghai with the pieces of fermented rice thrown in. Wow, I am really getting hungry.

While a few places can serve the same tong yuen you can buy frozen any Chinese grocery, they always seem to do so in simple hot water. Does anyone know of any place that serves their tong yuen with fermented rice or almond soup??

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound