I'm having trouble finding new places to eat! And my mouth wants something different from the same old I've been having lately. Sort of stumping me on my Google and Yelp and CH searches because I like to eat lacto-paleo. When dining out, I'm much more relaxed but I still don't like to eat too much rice, wheat, or corn. Sound like an interesting challenge, you jaded SD Chowhound experts? Read on! :)
- Grains are not the star. Pasta and pizza places are pointless for me, because what is pizza without the crust? A sandwich shop without the in-house baked bread? I'm happy to sub veggies for grains at other places though.
- NOT "new american" or "gastropub" style. Comfort food is great, but I live in North Park and my eating partner lives in Normal Heights. We've covered this ground very thoroughly and want something new.
- No Mexican food, I eat carnitas and carne asada and guisados to death. UNLESS you can give me a personal recommendation for a Sinaloan place where I can get awesome pescado zarandeado and pulpo cocteles.
- Cheap is best, since I'm looking to expand my regular dining options, but I don't mind splurging occasionally.
- No more than 20-25 minutes away.
Thanks for any help!