Cookware

Is it time to replace my microwave?

Share:

Cookware 23

Is it time to replace my microwave?

im_nomad | Feb 11, 2008 01:14 PM

I sit here typing with a badly burned finger, after attempting to retrieve a mug from the microwave after heating milk on the beverage setting for chai. The handle was amazingly hot. It's a small microwave, and it's probably several years old (6 at least). I've made hot beverages lots of times in the micro and this is the first time this has happened. The paint is somewhat peeled in places inside, so i'm wondering if i'm getting surges or the waves are getting misdirected or something. It wasn't a clear glass mug, and oddly the liquid inside it isn't really all that hot. I mostly use my microwave for reheats and sometimes melting chocolate and the like. I don't cook per se in it.

I don't know if it's the mug or my microwave? Does this happen with older models?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound