10 hounds convened for a spicy chowdown at Thai House Express, located at Geary and Larkin in San Francisco. Malik helped to with the postings and responses and Eric helped order the food. Thanks to everyone for bringing their good company and their large appetites. Here's what we ate, in the order of my favorite to the least favorite. I'll comment more specifically after everyone posts.
1. yum nuer: beef salad with onions, chili, cucumber, basil, and rice powder, medium spicy
2. tom yum goong: hot and sour prawn soup with lemongrass, straw mushrooms, and galanga, spicy hot
3. soop noor mai: bamboo shoot salad with chili, onions, lemon dressing and rice powder, spicy hot
4. kao pad ka na pla kem: fried rice with egg, salted fish and chinese brocolli
5. gai gaprow: spicy minced chicken with chili and basil, medium spicy I think
6. kao ka moo: special pork leg stew over rice
7. pad kee mao: pan fried rice noodles with shrimp, onions, and basil, medium spicy
8. moo prig king: old thai style pork with green beens and chili paste, medium spicy
9. kao na ped pa lo: five spices duck over rice
10.rad na: rice noodles topped with chicken and chinese brocolli in gravy
11.gang khew wan gai: chicken in green curry with mixed vegetables and fresh basil, medium spicy
12.catfish salad (on the whiteboard)
1-4 are some of my all-time favorites, 5-10 were also very good (I wouldn't hesitate to order them again), and 11 and 12 I would not order again.
mango with sticky rice
fried banana with coconut ice cream
roti (thai sweet pancake with condensed milk)
Since I didn't write down the wines that we had, I'll let the people that brought them tell you what they were.