My favorite restaurant in the whole world just got pushed out. It was a small, family-owned Thai restaurant, so it was the only one. They had at least five dishes that were not like the counterparts I've tried at any other Thai restaurant (and I've tried so many). I'm going nuts, because I just can't stand going on another day without this food, but I have no idea how to make it. I'm thinking maybe someone on a cooking board somewhere will know what I'm talking about. Here's the list of items:
1. Coconut ice cream with corn, taro root, and some green chewy thing
2. Shrimp toast with a sweet sauce
3. Tom Ka Gai: with coconut milk, lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves, mushrooms, and some other stuff that was not edible... it was much spicier than ones at other Thai restaurants, and somehow had much more flavor
4. Nam Sod: hot ground pork and peanut mixture served with cold cabbage leaves (you put the mixture on the leaves)
5. Spicy chicken wings: crispy, but light, with light, spicy orange hot sauce glaze with fried basil leaves.
We always got all the food very spicy hot, except the ice cream and shrip toast. I hope someone can help me! Thanks