Hello Chicago Chowhounders,
I will be traveling to Chicago for a business in August. I need a couple of recommendations that meet some specific criteria. You all have given me some amazing Chicago recommendations over the years. I have many of my top ten meals of all time in Chicago including the tasting menu at Boka (top 3), Mexique (top 5), Innovasi (I know not Chicago but Chicago area). Also have great meals at The Purple Pig, Fat Rice, Little Goat Diner and Sun Wah BBQ.
So thank you for all those amazing recommendations. Here is what I am looking for:
1. Potentially a tasting menu in the $75 and below range(ish). Right now I am considering The Publican, Lula Café (for the Monday Farm Meal), SKY, and Band of Bohemia all of which have tasting menus in the right price range. If anyone can comment on these tasting menus that would be great.
2. The restaurant needs to be open on Sunday and Monday (looking for a dinner on each of these nights).
3. The restaurant needs to be able to handle a large group 10-20 people. (The tradition of me organizing the meals for the entire Rhode Island contingent based on Chowhounder recommendations).
4. Should be relatively close to the Magnificent mile, no more than a 15-20 minute UBER ride.
5. Preferably recognized for some sort of award Michelin Star, James Beard Award winnder or Jean Banchet Award (Chicago Chowhounders have expanded my search criteria to local awards and I could not be more appreciative).
6. Need to be able to make a reservation ahead of time.
I hope those 6 criteria help you get me to 2 great restaurants.
I would also love if folks could throw a couple of recommendations out for the following:
1. A must have lunch near 151 E Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601 (Hyatt Regency Chicago)
2. A recommendation for a take home food item that is unique to Chicago.
3. An opinion if Pequods Pizza is as amazing as they say.
4. Any amazing coffee roasters that I should bring coffee home from (dark roast preferred).
Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Matt from Rhode Island
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by David Watsky | Over the weekend, angst, anger, and unrest over the police killing of George Floyd reached a fever...
by Amy Schulman | Over the past week, the country has erupted in protest over the unjust murders of George Floyd, Breonna...
by Simone Paget | There’s nothing quite like the feeling of cracking open a new cookbook and being immediately inspired...