Hello Chicago Chowhounders,
I will be traveling to Chicago for a business in August. I need a couple of recommendations that meet some specific criteria. You all have given me some amazing Chicago recommendations over the years. I have many of my top ten meals of all time in Chicago including the tasting menu at Boka (top 3), Mexique (top 5), Innovasi (I know not Chicago but Chicago area). Also have great meals at The Purple Pig, Fat Rice, Little Goat Diner and Sun Wah BBQ.
So thank you for all those amazing recommendations. Here is what I am looking for:
1. Potentially a tasting menu in the $75 and below range(ish). Right now I am considering The Publican, Lula Café (for the Monday Farm Meal), SKY, and Band of Bohemia all of which have tasting menus in the right price range. If anyone can comment on these tasting menus that would be great.
2. The restaurant needs to be open on Sunday and Monday (looking for a dinner on each of these nights).
3. The restaurant needs to be able to handle a large group 10-20 people. (The tradition of me organizing the meals for the entire Rhode Island contingent based on Chowhounder recommendations).
4. Should be relatively close to the Magnificent mile, no more than a 15-20 minute UBER ride.
5. Preferably recognized for some sort of award Michelin Star, James Beard Award winnder or Jean Banchet Award (Chicago Chowhounders have expanded my search criteria to local awards and I could not be more appreciative).
6. Need to be able to make a reservation ahead of time.
I hope those 6 criteria help you get me to 2 great restaurants.
I would also love if folks could throw a couple of recommendations out for the following:
1. A must have lunch near 151 E Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601 (Hyatt Regency Chicago)
2. A recommendation for a take home food item that is unique to Chicago.
3. An opinion if Pequods Pizza is as amazing as they say.
4. Any amazing coffee roasters that I should bring coffee home from (dark roast preferred).
Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Matt from Rhode Island
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Arturo Rojas | A great Cubano depends on great pork, and this Cuban pork recipe is just as perfect on its own as...
by Jen Wheeler | There is absolutely nothing wrong with hummus, guacamole, or even a good store-bought dip (looking...
by Chowhound Editors | Make-ahead Labor Day recipes ensure that you get to enjoy the party along with everyone else—and that...
by Jody Eddy | Labor Day is the holiday that brings the long hot days of summer to a close. Say farewell to the season...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.