Chowhound Presents: Table Talk with Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh of Sweet: Desserts from London's Ottolenghi | Ask Your Questions Now ›

Not About Food

Japanese Sushi

Sushi bar "ledge" <== Need Japanese word for this.


Not About Food 1

Sushi bar "ledge" <== Need Japanese word for this.

snootcity | Jun 25, 2010 01:51 PM


When you sit at a sushi bar, you face the seafood cooler and have a counter in front of you with your plates and chopsticks and so forth.

Between your counter and the cooler is a raised ledge, where the sushi chef will serve you, and from which you will pluck the goodies. What is the Japanese word for this ledge? (If you can paste kanji into your reply, what, if any, kanji represent this ledge?)

Thank you!

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound