Driving back from NYC on Sunday night, I'd like to stop for dinner somewhere "not too far" off the Merritt Parkway.
1) Must be no more than 10-15 minutes off of the Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway. Please don't try to stretch this to somewhere 20 miles off the parkway that you love. I honestly need it to be "right off" parkway.
2) Must be North of Stamford and South of Wallingford. In other words, somewhere vaguely between "a good distance out of NYC" and "nowhere near Hartford".
3) Must have a wine list. Doesn't have to be awesome. But absolutely must serve wine. No exceptions.
4) Any price, from a great cheap pizza place to a high end fine dining place. If it's a mom and pop brick oven pizza place, great. If it's a 3 star Michelin restaurant, great. I don't care either way, as long as it's good.
5) Must be open Sunday night. (This rules out a lot of places.)