Hello Turkish cuisine experts!
I love sausage, but I generally have found sucuk not to my taste. When cooked (into eggs, in pastry, pide, etc), I find sucuk to be tough and overly spiced as it does not have a high enough fat content to carry cooking well. To me, it ends up tasting like dry, overly chewy pepperoni.
So, the questions I have are:
1) Is there fresh (wet) sausage in Turkey? Is it readily available in (super)markets?
2) Are there soft versions of dry sucuk?
3) Is there a "sweet" version of sucuk? (e.g. as there is hot chorizo and mild chorizo)
4) Is lamb sucuk readily available in (super)markets? Is it's flavor distinct from the beef sucuk?
5) Any places in Istanbul to get top-notch sucuk?
Thanks for any help!