I thought I would report back on the suggestions I received from this board.
1. Skyline. Good old fashioned burger and an AMAZING marionberry shake. the GF had a cherry shake and I was jealous until that marionberry shake came. Wow.
2. Mother's. Outstanding Bar service which is rare. Good starters, but average entrees
3. Campbell (sp?) BBQ. Tried three seperate times (they wouldn't even pick up the phone on Saturday, too busy perhaps??) Did not go and because I was thinking BBQ had to go with Big Daddy's which was a Big Mistake.
4. Wildwood. A Home Run. Service, Ambience, and Food. Ended the evening with a combo of creme brulee and semisweet mousse. Excellent.
5. Esparza's. Near the end of the night on Thursday, service was a bit rough "Oh I guess you wanted a refill on that drink", but the food satisfied and I was born in Texas and raised to expect Mexican food to be Tex-Mex. Good choice overall
6. Nob Hill Bar and Grill. A sign outside said Best Burger in Town and I found that sign to be false, but great beers on tap for $2.25 (In LA it would 5-6 easy). Fat Tire and Henry Weinhard for $2.25 Damn
7. Cadillac's breakfast was so good that I wanted to go back to bed to eat breakfast again at noon.
Thanks for the help