Half chicken, cut into 7 pieces
Thai lemon basil
1 tomato, cut into 7 pieces
4 tbsp oil
3 tbs water
2 lime juices
Spiced Paste Ingredients:
1 cm galangal
1 cm ginger
1 cm turmeric
½ tsp chili paste
6 cloves of garlics
4 cloves of shallots
MSG seasoning to taste
1 tsp salt
½ tbsp sugar
1 tsp candlenut
Skewers or toothpicks
1. Smear the chicken with lime juices and set aside for a while. After that, clean the chicken.
2. Grind all the spiced paste ingredients into a paste. Sauté the paste until it is fragrant.
3. Add the chicken and pour in the water. Stir constantly until all the liquid has disappeared.
4. Prepare the banana leaves to wrap the chicken. Roast the leaves over small flame for few seconds until the leaves is withered.
5. Put the Thai lemon basil in the center of banana leaf sheets.
6. Place one chicken chunk above the Thai lemon basil. Add more Thai lemon basil above the chicken and put in one piece of tomato on the top.
7. Wrap up the banana leaf. Pin the edge of banana leaf with small skewers or toothpicks.
8. Repeat the steps with the remaining chickens. One wrapped for one chunk of chicken.
9. Steam it for 40 minutes until the chicken becomes tender.
10. Remove from the steamer and the steamed spiced chicken is ready to serve.
P.S Please give a comment considering is the recipe is easy to be followed and understand. Is there any unfamiliar or uncommon or maybe improper things in my recipe. Thanks before :)