A paraphrase with commentary on my additions/suggestions.
1/2c roasted almonds
1/2 c corn oil (i have done 1/4c with no problems but have also used 1/4 oil, 1/4 butter and it's tasty that way)
1/3 c maple syrup
1/3 c rice syrup
3 tbs water
1 tbs almond butter. (i often put it more like 1/4c but that's when i don't have almonds on hand for the 1/2c)
1 1/4tsp vanilla
3/4c whole-wheat pastry flour
3/4c unbleached white flour (i use white-whole wheat and it's fine)
1 tsp cinnamon (i often forget this and it's fine w/o)
1/2 tsp salt (kosher salt gives it a certain extra oomph)
1 1/2c old-fashioned rolled oats
chocolate chips are good too, but i actually like these better w/o, which is shocking for me!
Oven at 375
1. chop the roasted almonds coarsely
2. combine the oil through the vanilla. a standing mixer is nice for this recipe as it's a denser dough.
3. in a separate bowl (though i just toss the dry into the wet w/o premixing, lazy!), combine flours, salt, cin. til just mixed in.
4. add oats, raisins, almonds, mix til combined.
5. drop in 1 inch balls on cookie sheet. flatten with a wet hand. bake for anywhere between 15-25 min--sorry about the vagueness...but i find that when i play around w/the ingredients combos that the baking times change... Basically, let them get about golden brown and they're done.
Hope you enjoy them!