I needed to use some leftover fresh mint, so I drew some inspiration from the Internet and came up with this:
- 150g (about 1/2 cup) whole greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I had dried garlic pieces, so I ground some in my mortar)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot indian chili pepper powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (or to taste, i sprinkled some more in the end)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp Italian or Greek extra-virgin olive oil
- Thin sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
Mixed it all up and tasted it with some long-leavened bread (it was like a more porous and elastic pita) my father brought home. I'd guess it's a perfect fit for roasted meat or gyros.
Just wanted to share it, let me know what you think!
by Kelsey Butler | Nostalgia is a factor not to be discounted when it comes to food, and these five holiday staples sometimes...
by David Klein | Mail order cookies, cakes, pies, and other sweet treats are better (and more prolific) than ever...