I am going to Las Vegas during the first week in August. I will be staying 7 nights, and this will be my first trip ever to this city.
The last thing I want to do is eat all of my meals at these buffets. What I would like to do is compile a list of restaurants that I would like to try.
In order to help me do this, I would like to separate the types of restaurants which interest me in the following categories below.
If you respond to this post, please choose your "Best" picks from each category:
1) Best Thai--I've already read enough posts on this board to learn that the Lotus Of Siam probably wins this category hands down. So much so that I am placing this restaurant at the very top of my list.
2) Best Vietnamese--Is there an outstanding Vietnamese restaurant in Las Vegas? Overall, I like Vietnamese food more than Thai food.
3) Best Overall Chinese--If the Lotus Of Siam proves to be as good as I hear it is, I probably won't have any interest in going out for Chinese. But a recommendation or two would be appreciated, just in case.
4) Best Steak--A friend of mine who will be going with me is a steak fanatic. He says the best steak he ever had in his life was from a Ruth's Chris Steak House. So, I would like a recommendation or two whose quality of steak either equals or surprasses that of Ruth's Chris.
I see one promising name already on this board--The Prime at The Bellagio. Any others?
5) Best Overall Restaurant That Is Closest To The Four Queens Hotel--This is where my group is staying.
6) Best Mexican--I love good authentic Mexican food and don't want to leave Las Vegas without having sampled some of the best this city has to offer.
7) Most Sinfully Decadent Las Vegas Restaurant That Doesn't Require A Coat And Tie--I am not a coat and tie kind of guy, and I don't plan on bringing one. Is this going to be a problem for me?
This pretty much covers my range of interests in the Las Vegas cuisine I want to sample during my visit. Any and all recommendations will be deeply appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.