I'd love to try making real barbeque (Carolina style) using my 22.5-inch Weber kettle. I have read in many places that this can be done, but I'm looking for some tips:
- How much charcoal to start out with and how often will replacement likely be necessary?
- Put wood chips right on the charcoal or in a foil packet? Soaked they say, right?
- Suggestions for a simple rub, or would the "first time" benefit from doing simply S&P?
- Your fave recipe for [Eastern NC-style] sauce?
- Any other tips great appreciated, of course.
Assume New England spring weather, meaning either 75 degrees and sunny, 45 degrees and rainy, or both ;-)