Plum Village has probably the most complete Hakka menu of any restaurant in Singapore, though not really the best-tasting. Our dinner recently (Hakka dialect used here to describe the dishes) consisted of:
- Dung Gong Yam Guk Gai - Salt baked chicken (東江鹽焗雞)
- Ngiong Tew Foo (釀豆腐) - tofu cubes stuffed with minced pork & fish paste, then braised in brown sauce
- Kiu nyuk (扣肉) - sliced pork belly with preserved mustard greens (mui choy)
- Sohn Pan Tzai (算盘子) - "Abacus beads", made from yam flour, cut into shape of abacus beads, then cooked with minced pork, dried shrimps, cubed tofu & mushrooms.
- Pig's stomach soup with foo chuk (腐竹) - a very peppery version served here.
Worth a trip here if you're after a taste of Hakka cuisine. It does get busy though, and parking can be a chore.
Plum Village 梅村酒家 Restaurant
16 Jalan Leban, Singapore
Tel: +65 6458 9005
Plum Village Hakka Restaurant
16 Jalan Leban, Singapore 577554, SG
Updated 2 years ago | 18
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 11