Dinner at Daniel Boulud's Singapore outpost this evening with fellow Singapore CH, M_Gomez & her hubby. Nice ambience, great food & great company - what more can one ask for? Amidst the conversation & catch-up on local news, I actually forgot to take note of some of the dishes we had!!
*Some* dishes which we had:
- M_Gomez & hubby both had the artichoke soup which she said tasted more like potato-leek soup a la Julia Child - and she ain't complaining :-D
- I had the country duck-liver terrine, which was rich & sinful. Gack, more Crestor pills afterwards ...
I had the Coq au Vin, which DB Bistro Moderne's chefs prepared correctly. Served with spaetzle which was great in neutralizing the salty, deep flavors of the stew;
- M_Gomez's grilled tuna steak was, in her words, "the best I'd ever tasted!". I stole a small bite and it was delicious: perfectl;y done - moist, medium-cooked;
- Mr M_Gomez had the steak frite done medium which he said was also very nice.
- the Gomezes contented themselves with a cheese platter - which I thought had an impressive variety, but fall short of those one gets at Guy Savoy upstairs at the same Marina Bay Sands location;
- I chose the Sundae Grue de Cacao which sounded a mouthful and, according to the menu, consisted of macadamia cookie, tonka espuma (what's that?), Grue de cacao Bavaroise & milk ice-cream. I thought it was a bit too rich & sweet, but very enjoyable nonetheless.
Aah, it's great to be home in Singapore!
DB Bistro Moderne
Marina Bay Sands
10 Bayfront Avenue
Tel: 6688 8525