...who's got a great wing recipe out there? I know there are as many variations as there are chickens, but here are my parameters for a perfect wing:
- Crispy skin that stays crispy despite saucing
- A thick sauce that coats the wing
- Almost dry, well done meat
- Good heat index (from multiple sources) but not at the detriment of my tongue please
- Sauce that includes all the heat, as opposed to adding from a bottle at the table (this seems to me to defeat the purpose of saucing at the end)
- Combination of deepfrying and oven cooking
I've tried it a bunch of different ways in the past and I always end up thinking I should have just ordered them from my local sportsbar. Despite the time, energy (money!) and resources expended I always come up a little short on the finished product.
Someone out there has to have the foolproof method.
Wing it to me, baby...