There was a brief recommendation for this place in another topic. Here’s another mention on Chowhound …
Judah and 40th
and in another part of town, Mango Medley is a charming Hong Kong style café with tea, coffee, and snacks ($2.50-8) way out by Ocean Beach. Table service and gorgeous teapots and cups. Comfy bouncy chairs as well as more dining-focused tables.
Snack menu looks delicious. We shared mango with black and white sticky rice that was wonderful and made to order. Looseleaf teas are by Leaves. I had a Hong Kong Style Milk Tea; my friend had a pot of jasmine tea.
Anyone eaten here? There was a lone computer. Not sure whether they have wifi
Even hhc would approve of the bathrooms. (This may be the nicest smelling bathroom in the city limits)”
SFWeekly recently mentioned their baked-from-scratch NY cheese cake … “a tiny dining spot with great homemade cheesecake”
The ginger milk custard made with fresh ginger juice gets a lot of thumbs up on the web.
Other interesting menu items:
- Korean chive pancakes
- Thai chili egg salad with organic greens
- Imitation shark fin soup street vendor style 3.50
- Spaghetti with honey chicken or teriyaki pork
- Home made Stack Sesame Pasta
- Fresh Fruit Boba
- Fire-grilled sandwich on sweet batared bread, with dijon mustard, baby greens, roasted onion, roasted bell pepper, & choice of: Honey Chicken , Curry Beef Flank, Teriyaki Pork. Portabella Mushroom, Grilled Eggplant
- Double boiled almond and fungus and papaya sweet soup
- Double boiled lotus seeds and lily bulbs and sweet logan soup
- Mango sesame crepe wraps
- Jackfruit and pear salad
- Homemade Ice Cream
A few online menus
There are comments that service is slow ... it is a two-woman operation ... but it seems patience has its reward. It seems seating is limited, but parking in the area is easy.
So who has tried it?
3911 Judah St ... 44th Ave & 45th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
Don't know the hours, but supposedly open late.