Hey all. So I'm an Israeli-American in search of the real deal :)
I'm looking for an Israeli grill ANYWHERE in the boroughs that will offer me the staples I'm used to:
1. A *wide* selection of grilled meats, especially grilled chicken hearts, etc.
2. Strong and authentic seasoning
3. A vast salad bar for stuffing into your pita and falafel!
4. Whole grilled fish like tilapia or snapper
5. Spicy shakshouka would be great as well
I'm basically fed up with the offerings in Manhattan- most places cut out at hummus and falafel, and the grilled meats lack the flavor I'm used to. I've seen some places on chow in the outer boroughs that look promising, but still fall a little short in the offerings- for example, too narrow a meat selection and not enough salads. For those of you who have been to Israel and any number of stalls in the malls and streets, you know what I'm talking about- seven kinds of eggplant, thirty-three types of carrots, etc. etc. :) And many, many, types of skewers to choose from.
If anyone can lend me some insight into a truly authentic Israeli joint, I'd be forever indebted!!
Updated 6 months ago | 2
Updated 4 months ago | 2
Updated 3 months ago | 1
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 12